The annual downtown sidewalk replacement program consists of replacing the concrete sidewalks throughout the downtown area with brick paver sidewalks.
Project Contact: Mark Wajrowski, Engineering and Building Inspector
Phone: (815) 356-3605
2015 Project Updates
- July 22, 2015: This project is substantially complete.
- July 15, 2015: The minor concrete and asphalt work is complete. The brick contractor will be onsite on July 17 to complete the remaining brick work.
- July 8, 2015: A majority of the brickwork has been completed, with minor concrete, brickwork and asphalt work remaining. The contractor anticipates being onsite to finish up the work on July 9.
- July 1, 2015: A majority of the new bricks have been placed. Minor concrete, brick, and asphalt work remains as well as landscaping. The contractor anticipates being back onsite early next week.
- June 25, 2015: The new bricks are starting to be placed.
- June 17, 2015: The curb and gutter has been poured as well as the sidewalk and driveway aprons. The concrete needs to set. The installation of the new bricks will start next week.
- June 10, 2015: Removal of the existing curb and the remaining sidewalk is complete. Framing of the new curb and sidewalk was completed on June 10. Pouring of the curb and gutter and new concrete sidewalk will start on June 11.
- June 3, 2015: The directional boring of the empty fiber conduit is complete. Removal of the existing curb and the remaining sidewalk started. Installation of the new curb and sidewalk will start next.
- May 27, 2015: The directional boring of the empty fiber conduit will be complete on May 28. Removal and replacement of the existing curb and gutter is anticipated to start next week.
- May 20, 2015: The directional boring of the empty fiber conduit started and will continue next week. Removal of the existing sidewalk will start on May 21 along the south side of Crystal Lake Avenue from Walkup Avenue to Williams Street.
- May 13, 2015: The contractor started on May 13. The contractor will start with the directional boring of the empty fiber conduit along the south side of Crystal Lake Avenue from Walkup Avenue to the second driveway west of Main Street.
- April 29, 2015: The downtown sidewalk program along Crystal Lake Avenue is anticipated to start in the middle of May.
- April 7, 2015: The bid was awarded by the City Council to the low bidder, Triggi Construction.
- March 6, 2015: The bids for the 2015 Downtown Sidewalk Replacement Program were opened. There were four bidders. The low bidder was Triggi Construction.